Saturday, May 21, 2011

Marsh Harbor

Marsh Harbor sunset

Rain storms are coming every day, but nothing like our first one. We have desided to hunker down at a Marina till the unsettled weather passes. It is only the second time in the Bahamas we have stayed at a dock, taking showers, internet, easy access to laundry and being free to just walk off the boat has been really nice. Plus we could just stick a hose down in our water tank to fill up. 
frigate against our flag.
We had an impromptu sort of party on our boat, as people from other boats we have met along the way stopped by to say hi, and bye. Plus us we had 8 people and one dog in the cockpit, everyone is on their way back to the states.  We have met all kinds of interesting people on this trip. All I has to offer them is water and pretzels, but no one seemed to mind and they stayed til mosquitos drove everybody away. Biting bugs didn't arrive until the last week or so. The winter/spring winds have died down to a more gentle summer breeze, and I guess the mosquitos can fly again.
The Abacos is definately more like America. Except we still hardly ever hear news. There is just no real access to it. If someting monumental happens it gets passed along boat to boat,  I suppose when I get internet I could go onto news sites, but I am always focused on emailing to hear personal news from friends and family, and getting posts loaded on the blog to keep you informed about us.


Prestissimo from Raleigh, NC (Joseph & Ruth)

Wine Down from New Symrna (Wayne  & Sherry)

Calypso from Toronto (  they are on a one year honeymoon)
In the last few days we have been seeing frigates flying around, I dont think I have wver seen one.  Huge black birds that terrorize the sea gulls, and rarely land, spending most of their life in flight over the open ocean. They have large split swallow tails that open and close as they swoop around.

No comments:

Post a Comment